Saturday, December 4, 2010

October 28 - 7 weeks - New York Trip

At 7 weeks I went to New York for the weekend.  My mom also went and we stayed with Becca.  One night we went to dinner with Rachel and I told her I was pregnant - Wow!  What a reaction!   Oh Rachel - I love her so much!  As soon as I told her she screamed and then started crying, so I started crying, and then Becca started crying.  What a subtle entrance to the restaurant we made!  That weekend I also had breakfast with Paris, Linds, and Jocelyn.  I somehow managed to tell Paris without the other 2 girls hearing!  I of course wanted to tell all of them but just wasn't ready yet.  On Sunday morning we went to brunch at Dori's.  Aunt Laine was also there visiting and I decided to tell them the news which was fun.  I then called Arlene and told her.  It's so hard to keep an exciting secret!  I felt better knowing that my close family knew.  Uncle Steven was actually the first to know because I had an urgent question - could I highlight my hair?! 
Although telling people was fun and seeing Becca, Ross, and my mom was great, the part of the trip that stands out the most has nothing to do with people.  Ross and I were watching a TV show about food and they did a spotlight on corned beef sandwiches.  That was it - I was done - I needed one!  So, after not eating any meat at all for 2 years I took the plunge and omg was it good!  My New York trip officially ended my vegetarianism but if the baby wants it then I should eat it, right?!
***Side note - Jessica has decided we should all call the baby Mincy for now so we will - In future posts I will refer to our baby as Mincy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment